Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I purchase tickets?
- Buying online, through our secure ordering system, is the fastest way.
If you need help ordering, call us Downtown in Larimer Square at 303-595-3637 or South at The Landmark 720-274-6800.
You can also buy tickets by phone or in person. Our box offices open after 10 am Monday - Saturday, and after 5 pm on Sunday. Tickets may also be available the night of the show, but there are guarantees as many of our shows sell out in advance.
- Any parking suggestions?
- Downtown in Larimer Square: Writer Square Parking Garage is your best option. This secure, underground garage is just across the street from Comedy Works. To find, drive north on Lawrence. After crossing 15th Street, look for the well-marked entrance on the left hand side, under a green sign. Only $5 after 5pm with validation coupon. Ask for a validation coupon at the box office.
South at The Landmark: Plenty of street and underground garage parking is available at The Landmark. All street and underground parking is free in The Landmark.
- Why should I join your "Club?"
- Joining our Club is like being let in on a really big secret. Membership gives you the first shot at tickets before big names are announced to the general public. You will receive a weekly email with upcoming shows. If you provide your birthday, we will throw you a birthday party (every year) for you and up to 19 of your friends. Your admission will be free and your first drink will be on us!
Plus membership is FREE.
- Any rules I should know about before attending a show?
- NOTE: All shows are 21 and older, unless said otherwise. A valid ID is required to enter. There is a two item minimum (food or beverage) per person in the showroom.
DURING THE SHOW:
- Please DO NOT heckle or comment on jokes. Our shows DON’T need your help. Be courteous to those around you and the comics on stage!
- Obnoxious, Loud, Drunken and otherwise disruptive behavior WILL NOT be tolerated in the showroom. Participating in such activity will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION without warning or refund.
- Laughter is NOT considered talking… we encourage you to LAUGH out loud! (Not talk out loud)
- Like any theater or live performance, we have cell phone restrictions. Please refer to our "Cell Phone Policy" in the last FAQ.
- Photography and recoding is NOT allowed in the showroom. Please take all you pictures before or after the show.
- How can I get on stage?
- We host New Talent Nights every Tuesday at Comedy Works Downtown in Larimer Square. These "welcome all" showcases are how every comedian gets their start. To secure time you cannot just show up. You MUST call our New Talent Hotline at 303-477-7844. Have patience. We receive over 100 calls a week for approximately 15 slots. And for first-time comedians it generally takes 6 - 8 weeks of calling to before making the line-up.
- Where is Comedy Works South at the Landmark
- Comedy Works South at The Landmark is located just off of I-25, between Belleview and Orchard, at 5345 Landmark Place in Greenwood Village. Parking is free. If you need directions click here or call us at 720-274-6800.
- Where is Comedy Works located downtown?
- Comedy Works Downtown in Larimer Square is located at 1226 15th Street, between Larimer and Lawrence, facing north. If you need directions click here or call us at 303-595-3637.
- Can someone under 21 attend a show?
- Both clubs welcome 18 and over guests on Wednesday Nights ONLY! Underage customers will be seated in a designated NO DRINKING section. If you are over 21 but would like to sit with an underage guest, you will also be seated in the NO DRINKING section.
We also have select All Ages Family Shows. Check out the current line up here.
- How much do tickets cost?
- Our base ticket price is $14 for week nights (except New Talent Night is $12); Friday and Saturday's base ticket price is $22.
However, our prices vary from week to week and show to show, depending on the headliner. If you have further questions, call us Downtown in Larimer Square 303-595-3637 or South at The Landmark 720-274-6800 or click a face on our calendar to see that show's ticket price.
- What is your cell phone policy?
- Both Comedy Works clubs are cell-phone FREE venues and use Yondr to lock phones as you enter the showroom
To expedite the process we strongly advise you to leave your cell phone at home or in the car. Otherwise, you will be asked to lock up your phone using Yondr. Attendees maintain possession of their phones and are now free to enjoy the experience without distraction.
How it works:
1. Yondr Cases
As people enter the venue, their phones will be placed in Yondr cases and given back to the owner of the phone. WE DO NOT KEEP YOUR PHONE! It is locked in the Yondr case and on your person for the entire time.
Once they enter the phone-free zone, the cases will lock.
If at any point attendees need to use their phones, they simply step outside the phone-free zone to unlock the case.
if you are expecting a call or text from a sitter or the office, you simply turn your phone to vibrate before you bag it & if you need to use it for any reason you just step out of the dark showroom, into lobby where you can easily access your devise.
- Do you do anything special for Birthday's?
- We have special birthday offers for members of Comedy Works Birthday Club. You can join the birthday club by clicking JOIN in the header above or by filling out the forms on your table once in the showroom.
Outside of the birthday club, we do not offer any specials.